Thursday, May 07, 2009


Jenny Update
The newspaper finally posted service information for my friend Jenny. I've also found out some information about her passing.

The initial report is that Jenny knew she was dying. She wasn't on her way to the barn; she was on her way to the hospital. Ever stubborn, driving herself to help because she thought she was having a heart attack. The autopsy results aren't back yet, but they seem to believe that the cause of death may have been massive heart failure rather than from the crash.

In a way, I find that comforting, knowing she may have been spared the horrific part at the end. I also find it sad, to think that she had an idea this was "it". I'm not sure which is better—knowing it's coming, or not.

In about an hour, I'm headed to the visitation. It will be a gathering of old friends from the barn as well as her bereaved family. I never know what to expect at these things; but I'm an old pro now after my parents' services.

If you have a minute, spare a good thought for Jenny's family, and for her mare.

Good news coming in the days ahead, I promise.

1 comment:

Pam the Yarn Goddess said...

Thank you for the comment! I tried to drop you a note through your link, but it says that the address is incorrect (something about an extra letter in it or something). I know I have your regular addy, but I just wanted to wish you an early Happy Birthday! I hope your day is fantastic!!!! We're going to Sea World on Monday night (instead of a spa day Mark had set up for me - way too expensive, and I couldn't justify it), and then I get to swim with the dolphins next month. Yay! Drop me a note when you get a chance, sweetie.